Is it still considered spring? Or are we already into summer? This is pretty much the worst time of the year because of the fact that there isn't that much to do, comparatively. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate nature whatever the season might be.
This time of the year, I love to watch the ice melt off the high cascade lakes, the native rhododendruns blossom everywhere, and the fact that I can get a natural high on any May morning just breathing in the smells of sweet nature. My only gripe about this time of year is that we are a million days away from fall hunting, winter steelhead is long-gone, and the grass is getting too tall to search for shed antlers.
These last few weeks I was able to chisel away a bit on the honey-do list around the house and work has been extremely busy; however, I still made time to breathe.
My last shed hunt trip of the year was mid-May on the coast range. It really isn't the rain that soaks you around here, it is the understory foilage you brush up against. It leaves you feeling like a wet towel.
May "rhodies"
Oregon coast on May 28th
Jed, Mo, and Edom happy to be on the box with their nose in the wind in search of bears
One of the most memorable trips this year so far has been with my own brother Anthony and his boy, Tyler, and Hunter of course. We packed two days with trout fishing, turtle and frog hunting, cooking dinner over a fire, good stories, and great company.
A good friend called and said he needs help. "Im a koke addict!" he claimed. I quickly needed to see what this natural rush was all about. Kokanees are freshwater sockeye salmon that although don't reach king-salmon sizes, they make-up for their size when they hit your taste buds.
These little silver missles don't miss a beat when they strike your lure. They dance on the surface and are experts at unhooking themselves the moment the net hits the water to scoop them. What a high!
I don't know why but this picture makes me thirsty.......for Laynee's sweet kisses!
El Capitan with his gramps enjoying a day on the lake
I guess this time of the year isn't so bad after all...
4 comments:
Great pictures! I love the first one...I love the pictures from the trip with the boys, what great memories!
Wow, great memories
It makes me so happy to see all of you guys together...in the outdoors! Beautiful pics...
cool! I wish I went camping with you guys!
Post a Comment