Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer at last!

Summer took forever to arrive this year. The cold spring waether hung around a long time but there were still lots of fun things to do. Here were a few spring outings I captured on camera.


    Corrine hiding from the turkeys...and the camera.  

Paying respect to a nice tom that drummed into our decoys
 
Hunter's harvest after an intense 20 minute standoff.
Playing in the mud looking for big empire clams
The diggin' crew after a full limit
Becoming aquainted with her barbie fish stick, she loves that thing
Hunter and I went to shoot bows and rifles. I shot my bow while he wandered off. I worried for a moment as I realized my baby boy had explored up a canyon and I didn't know where he was at. I waited a good hour before I spotted him coming off a hill with his .22. This was his first time leaving my side and exploring some local hills by himself with his rifle, definitely one of the highlights of my spring.
Tuna, venison, and trout, it's what's for dinner
Tracking bear dogs (which are tracking a bear) in the coastal forests
...still tracking

This is a different day, different bear...and one of the more tense encounters
We fished high country brook trout quite a bit this spring with lots of luck

...and brown trout
Trapper has fished the coast his entire life with lots of luck, but this was his first ever brown trout
                                        This quick learner made oaring a pontton look like a breeze!


Corrine's friend, Jasmine, caught her first fish (a tasty brook trout) while on a camping trip a couple weeks back. After her first catch, she was so excited about fishing, when the fish started jumping she was the first to grab a fishing rod and hit the lake.

I'm sure Emily is going to update her blog someday and include more family outing pics...and with these pictures, I say so long spring and Hellll-ooooooo summer!

1 comment:

Burrell said...

Freaking finally! Someone had to update, eh? And I think you've summed it up nicely. Beautiful pics. K loveyoubye.