The rams of the Pueblos have been calling me ever since my last scouting trip. I've been wanting to backpack into the core of the most remote area of the unit. I got my chance. With good friend Brady Smith as my camping partner, we drove 6 hours to our remote canyon where we would start our hike. Tyler, the tag holder couldn't make the trip, so we enjoyed filling him in on every detail of the trip. We only had 1.5 days and we needed to cover around 12 miles. The trip was great with plenty of sheep spotted, as well as some other wildlife and great scenery. The next trip over will be for the hunt!
The heat was intense in the afternoon,. It felt good to kicl off the boots and relax.
First night out. Flat ground with a decent wind barrier was a rare find but made our remote camps more comfortable
Brady snapping shots at a close-by ram
We named most of the decent rams we found. "Blondie"
This was the most incredible display of dominance with all the rams locking horns.
"Scarface"
Within bowshot!
"Mr. Wide"
"King" (in the middle) and his chronies
Mustang skull
...In all her majesty
2 comments:
I like Mr. Wide, I love the look of those flared out rams. Awesome country, looks really HOT though.
Dax
Mike, Tyler and I just looked through these together saying wow after wow. Tyler loved seeing the rams and mountains. Awesome adventures.
Post a Comment