Last year was too much fun hunting mule deer in Colorado. I wasn't looking forward to accumulating more points in Colorado sitting on the sidelines for several years...I wanted to go back this year and hunt! So, after some research I found a unit that we could draw with zero points and we applied. Without any of us ever stepping foot on the unit before the hunt, we knew we had a fun, but challenging, road ahead of us. Our expectations weren't set real high since it is an easy draw tag.
It was a week of hard-hunting, snow, cold-weather, and learning where to hunt and, more importantly, where not to hunt. We each had opportunities at bucks daily and we saw plenty of other hunters...and I do mean plenty. But all in all, the hunt was a great success with each of us seeing at least one smoker buck. Jared connected with his. Congrats Jared! Tyler and I hunted till the end for a big buck and both ended up taking nice bucks the last couple days.Time has been hard to come by so a photo story will have to do!
 |
| Colorado Bound! |
 |
| This is the day after the snowstorm...lots of migrating deer! |
 |
| Tracking bucks was a lot of fun! |
 |
| Headed home |
No comments:
Post a Comment