Saturday, October 29, 2011

"My hunt is already over?..."





Emily strikes again! Not much to the story. Simply, she came, she saw, she broke his heart (like always) at 250 yards, and we left.


 
When the young buck dropped, I was thankful that Emily helped fill the freezer for the year, since I had donated my Utah venison to my parents and siblings. Emily on the other hand didn't look so thankful; she looked at me with a slightly frowning face, "My hunt is already over? Yup, five minutes into glassing our first area we walked into, we glassed this handsome, little 3-point buck in the brush only 50 yards away from where she killed her first blacktail buck.
I'm sure we'll be back next year.
Roo and Jasmine had way too much fun helping process the deer

2 comments:

Accuracy Sports said...

Nice buck, it all sounds too easy. I like your expert processors working on the meat. Really enjoy your blog posts. Thanks -- Dax's Dad {Craig}

B Burrell said...

Good job , Em