Friday, February 19, 2016

...and a partridge in a pear tree

Little did I know when I moved to Cody, I'd be moving to some excellent upland game bird hunting. I ran out of time and gas money before running out of new areas to explore and hunt. I kept busy enough on dry ground that I forgot to buy my waterfowl stamps!

Next year, in between big-game hunting, I hope to hunt blues, ruffed, and sage grouse, pheasants, chukar and Hungarian partridge...as well as waterfowl.

Here's some small game pics from this fall...
Hunter with our first limits of Wyoming sage grouse! This area produced well for the family
Have you ever seen such a cute sage grouse hunter?
on the trail...probably another rabbit!

Mac earned his food this past year while hunting the thick tules


I don't know who looks more dead, the pheasants or Mac




Doesn't Mac smile well?


He wasn't smiling so big in this pic...it was a frigid thanksgiving morning


She drug cobs around all day 

See, there's another cob


This was Mac's first chukar. Don't he look proud?

This was his last rooster of the season. He turned a 180 and trailed it into some thick shrub. I was proud of how well he did this year.




Those bunnies weigh 45 pounds each!

My snow bunnies


Possibly my proudest moment this fall. "All by myself"...

First step in making German Rabbit Stew!

No Roo, those are not mini-whoppers in those tubes.

3 comments:

Dano said...

Fine pictures of your fine family... and some killed critters.Thanks for the update..Miss you guys Dano & Family

Jim Godfrey said...

awesome pics! Love to see the events and outdoor pursuits you and family pursue! Like Dan we miss you too!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.