Saturday, October 31, 2020

Hunter's first trip to paradise


 
This will be a short story of a great trip. I have taken Laynee and Roo both into the high country, but Hunter hadn't ever made the trip, till this year. We hit a spot where I had seen a few dandy bucks earlier in the season. His pack was heavy heading in and even heavier coming out!!

A couple bucks he passed on the way in to camp


Black Betty

The first morning of his hunt we scaled the ridgeline above camp and began glassing. We had spotted some decent bucks and an hour or so had passed when I glassed up two great bucks right below our teepee! I motioned Hunter over and after a minute of weighing out size and whether he was ready to pull the trigger yet, he made the right decision and hammered the buck at 400+ yards.

Heading down the cliffs to retrieve his buck










Maybe my favorite part of the trip was on the way down the mtn packing heavy when he yelled I love this! He explained, in detail, how he loved packing everything on your back to survive as well as your own mountain buck. I understand the love and couldn't be more proud of watching him become a man with passion.


No comments: