




I thought I would share some of the photos I've taken in the past couple weeks from some of my hiking excursions near the home. Shed antler hunting is addicitive. You can't just go once or twice and just quit. You strap your hiking boots on, throw a pack on your back, your binoculars on your front, and begin hiking. I like to walk just fast enough that the stresses of life can't keep up. You aren't on a schedule, you have no meetings or phone calls. You have no destination, just wandering through some of the most beautiful places on this earth. There are few words that can describe the initial feeling when you come across 'brown gold'. Brown is the color of a fresh shed-antler. After laying exposed to the sun for over a year the brown hue is faded white-thus the term white gold. White gold is valuable; brown gold is priceless. 





No comments:
Post a Comment