Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It wasn't so bad w/o a computer...

I am now typing on a new computer. Our old 'puter died, bless her soul. Wow! I had no idea how slow our computer was until I started typin' on this modernized doohickey.

While mourning the loss of our old machine and saving nickels for a newbie, I managed to stay from getting too bored for the past couple weeks.

Here are some random shots from some outings in the last two weeks. Enjoy the latter end of winter, it'll be gone before you know it.




Hunter and I called and decoyed a mob of crows that had been raiding a neighbor's walnut orchard. That was a "blast"!


..was visited by good Canadian friend Olin and his family, even got to do a little trapping with the kids. There was a all-out fight to see who got to make the coonskin cap from this old boar.


...cooked smores while plunkin' steelhead on the Umpqua.



...Did some bobber-fishin' on the river with Daisy. She couldn't stand watching that float bobbin' down the river current and not be allowed to retrieve.


....I hung out with the big dawgs!





...and even got a little cat fever. Check out the video...Booowwwww wooowww!




...spent the day drifting down a coastal river with a good friend and excellent steelheader.


Hunter then caught a little cat fever...must be contagious.


....then we thought it would be nice to help our neighbor with a beaver that had been eating all of his newly planted conifers. (notice plastic tree protector knocked down on right side of photo. Also , large river birch fallen by busy beaver)



...before we knew it antlers were hittin' the ground!!!What a wonderful time to lace up the boots tight and enjoy a nice stress-free hike through the mountains in search of "tines-up"! I've made a few short trips with a little luck already. Do you see two antlers in the second shed picture? Good eyes!

2 comments:

Antonio said...

wow, you've been busy! Looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

I have to say that Hunter is getting so dang big. It is really neat to see him going out with you more now. Dad and Mom