Sunday, March 1, 2009

Steelhead, sheds, and swans; all sure signs of Spring


Some of these photos of fish and antlers may look very similar to photos from previous posts. Let me assure you they are different. Each steelhead I hold in my hand, each shed antler, no matter the size, that I stumble upon has it's own story; a story that is unlike any other.

We'll start off this post with some recent shed hunts. Some outings, I was alone.
One outing was with Daisy... I spent hrs pickin' ticks from her body after this hike but it was well worth it.




Hunter came with me on one outing and found his own set.




I spent one morning shed-hunting with two friends, real close to where I killed my buck this past year and found 3 two-point brown antlers all under one oak tree!



Last Sunday, I drifted the Umpqua near my house with two co-workers. Great company, awesome fishing.
This last one is a hatchery keeper. I grilled it with Teriyaki. Mmmm

I spent several days this past week for work around Summer Lake where sure-tell signs of spring were present. Waterfowl staging on their way back north to their nesting grounds stopped by and I happened to be there with my camera. I wish I could make these photos larger so you can see the detail, you'll just have to trust me some turned out well. I took over 100 pictures.


5 comments:

Danielle said...

Whatever Mike, I know that you went into your shed and took some sheds and spread them out in the forest and then went looking for them...heehee. Cool pics!

Tagen and Eric said...

I can only dream of catching a fish that big. How come you're the only one holding fish? Oh wait, its because you're the animal behavior expert.

Tamara with a "T" said...

These pictures are awesome! I want to go fishing again in Oregon. Then I want to put terriyaki sauce on it and grill it just like you did. Can we? Please?

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering, teriyaki fish...really fresh fish sounds delicious! BEAUTIFUL PICTURES! I want to go shed hunting with you, we went to Kanab, and into Arizona, looking for sheds..but nothing! It was still fun. I went walking with my friends by the "M" in Marysvale, and we saw a few geese by the Sevier river. It is a sign of Spring! and I love it!!!Mom and Dad

Vicky said...

Spring is coming! : ) great pictures!