Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Quick update

March found me marchin' through the hills stretching my legs. Here are a few of the calcified treasures I stumbled upon....



Can you see the other side against the rocks???




Cascade blacktail

Stalking the elusive shedhorn...



We made a quick trip to Utah to visit my dear grandma. While I was there I couldn't pass up the opportunity to spend a morning looking for antlers at mom and dad's. I found a small herd of bulls (4 were packing antlers and 4 were antlerless) and zeroed in on the feeding areas in search for their headgear. My dad, brother, and some of the children joined me for the morning hunt. For me this was an antler hunt for the books. Not because we found huge antlers nor lots of antlers, but because both my dad and my brother both got to find a fresh-dropped antler from a nice 5x6 bull! I couldn't have been more excited to see them with the set. As the morning progressed Grandpa showed all of us who is the real shed-hunter by finding 3 brown muley antlers off of the small two-track road! We each came back with at least one antler and a bundle of good memories.

1 comment:

Antonio said...

I'll never forget the feeling when I first saw the antler. What a rush! Great pic of the year old on the slope.