I was alike a little kid running into a candy store, pushing open the doors to my taxidermist. I finally got the call; the call you wait for beginning the day you hand over your trophy to the taxidermist's care. My blacktail deer shoulder mount was done.
To some, a deer mount may appear to be a little redneck or even a bit hillbilly. "Who would want a deer head on their wall?". To me, it is different. I eat, drink, breathe every aspect of nature. I hunt because it is the one place my senses are completely filled with adrenaline, respect, freedom, and instinct.
I killed this blacktail on a cloudy, rainy November morning last year. I could have much easier stayed in bed in my warm home and slept in; however, the drive to hunt, prior experiences, and a little luck brought me face to face with this buck. My world stood still the moment I spied this buck standing from his bed. He knew I was there, and for the first time, he was outsmarted.

This treasure is so much more than a "deer on the wall". This deer brings with it a rush of personal memories and feelings that I won't attempt to describe.
The taxidermy job was done by Timberline Taxidermy out of Coquille, Or.
3 comments:
Wow, what a beautiful animal. I love your passion for nature. I also liked you're opening sentence. It reminded me of Borat.."I was alike a kid..." you know? Like, "A-very nice-a.."
myfoo
Good job Mike
You know how you can't explain your love for nature and animals? I can't explain my love for you! I a-love a-you.
Post a Comment