Friday, December 19, 2008

C-C-C'mon G-G-Global W-W-Warming, Hurry up!!!

It snowed all day, once again. It's beginning to look a lot like C....asper, Wyoming around here. I spent a little bit of time out in the field this afternoon and tried to get my truck stuck in the snow with little success. I did spy a few critters though and enjoyed being away from my desk for a change.

I had a few chances for some pictures but the birds seemed a bit skittish and I got more tail-ends than head shots...



I did have enough skill to successfully stalk these elusive snow steer...



The blacktails weren't very photogenic today...a little too cold.

The tracks leading to Oakland
I took these shot last year, when the birds seemed a bit more cooperative and the globe was a bit warmer....



5 comments:

Bryan and Ana Burrell said...

I like that first picture. What is that ..some kind of Jay landing ? Also, I didn't know you pheasants around Oakland. DAD

Danielle said...

Oh, if there are pheasants around Oakland, Mike will be the first to find them. :)

Tamara with a "T" said...

Those pictures are gorgeous...especially the last two.

Antonio said...

Snow steer eh? Pheasants are amazing. Reminds of when we were kids and took bags full of pigeon feed to the fields behind our house. We'd bust through the snow and pour feed into the ditches where the pheasants wintered. They must have loved us.

You're going to love my word verification:

ducke

Vicky said...

ohhh you've been having fun out there Caico, beautiful pics, love the snowed train track. Have you thought of selling some of your pics, I can see them hanging in Doctors offices and such.
Ed looked at your blog and says to tell you GREAT PICTURES MICHAEL! Is it a guy thing? he never looked at the blogs before...no offense to us girls : )